Here’s a (probably ever-growing) list of reasons why I hate MySpace:
- User-defined CSS — it might be cool to have a bit of customization, but this takes it too far. Most of the profile pages are either hideous and unusable, or both.
- Advertising — I don’t mind ads. But MySpace just plasters them everywhere. And they’re the annoying type — dating services and such.
- UI — the user interface is horrendous. Sure, they’ve upgraded the user’s main control panel page a bit, but it’s still overtly crowded and confusing.
- Tom — nothing personal against this guy, but he’s everywhere. Oh, and apparently he’s not the age he lists in his profile — kinda creepy.
- Spam — spam friend requests, spam comments, spam private messages, where does it stop?!? Facebook is starting to have a little bit of this, but no where near as bad as MySpace.
- Music — the music that suddenly starts blaring if you visit someone’s profile page. If I want to listen to it, I’ll click the play button, okay? added 11/12/07
That’s all I can think of. I’ll add more as time goes by. Oh, and if you hate MySpace and need a place to spend your now-free time, you might want to go to I Fucking Hate MySpace.