It’s amazing what you can find on the Internet — and I just stumbled upon a goldmine of information that is hosted by Wikia, a hosted wiki service started by Jimmy Wales, most famous for, of course, Wikipedia, the wiki of all wikis. Just some gems I found.
- Wookiepedia — everything (and more) you wanted to know about Star Wars. Everything.
- The Matrix Wiki — I don’t know anyone who didn’t like The Matrix trilogy, and all the fun facts are here.
- Lord of the Rings Encyclopedia — the books, the movies, the video games, and the whole world J.R.R. Tolkein dreamed up.
- Micropedia — the use of that big Microsoft logo can’t be legal…
- Pokémon Encyclopedia — if you’re still an 8 year old in the 1990’s.
- WoWWiki — I draw the line at playing this, but many of my friends are consumed by this game.
- Grand Theft Auto — mounds of information about the game that defines good family fun!
- Half-Life — I just found out about some Half-Life games I didn’t knew existed. Whoa.
- RuneScape Wiki — there’s always more to learn about this classic game.
- StarCraft Wiki — nothing beats StarCraft. Well, except for maybe StarCraft II.
Best part? All of this information is from users — I know the “wiki” concept might be a bit old and all, but it’s still hard not to be awed by the whole Wikia universe. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to kill time the best way I know how to1.